Within the broad “corporate-commercial” practice area we cover these aspects:
- commercial contracts
- company/business acquisitions & sales*
- joint ventures
- capital restructuring & re-organisation
- private equity
- debt financing & restructuring
- general company advice
* The size of our firm means that it is likely we could only offer this in conjunction with (say) your in-house team.
Amongst the practice areas we do not cover are financial & investment advice & tax law advice.
Legal support to your business
A typical scenario might be as follows. Your in-house capability looks after you well but is perhaps stretched at times in meeting the demands of your business users and you do not want to employ another lawyer to meet what might be a short term peak in work flow. You already have a relationship with one or more mid or top tier law firms, which you use for your larger transactional work or for expert advice, but it seems like overkill to bring them in on the matters which are clamouring for attention now.
This is where we can help. At Beechmast, we combine experience of:
- in-house practice: gained within large organisations, working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams; and
- private practice: within some of the world’s leading law firms but also some with more modest aspirations.
This means we understand the timing and resource pressures faced by a hard pressed head of legal services. We also know what is expected of a quality legal services provider and are able to deliver this.
We are equally happy to work exclusively via your in-house lawyers or directly with your business developers and project managers, whichever suits your needs best.
We normally charge on a time cost basis. In appropriate circumstances, however, we are willing to discuss charging on a day rate or fixed price basis.
Professional indemnity & other insurances
For details of our professional indemnity insurance (£3m) please click here (1 Oct 2021 – 30 Sept 2022) or here (1 Oct 2022 – 30 Sept 2023). We also carry public liability and product liability insurance of £5m.